Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 24 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 18, 2014
I thought this recipe was absolutely delicious. A chuck pot roast works perfectly for this recipe. It shredded nicely and had great flavor with the sauce. I would definitely make this tasty dish again for my family.
Oct 10, 2013
This was a good recipe. There was a lot of fat in the chuck roast though which gave the bbq a slimy texture. I think the sauce would go well with a shredded chicken bbq or a trimmed brisket.
Jun 22, 2009
Tried this for Father's Day and it was excellent. I did drain the juices after removing the meat, and added BBQ sauce and liquid smoke to the meat before warming and serving.