Shredded BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 24 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the next eight ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and cool slightly; shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/3 cup meat mixture on each roll.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Feb 18, 2014
I thought this recipe was absolutely delicious. A chuck pot roast works perfectly for this recipe. It shredded nicely and had great flavor with the sauce. I would definitely make this tasty dish again for my family.
Oct 10, 2013
This was a good recipe. There was a lot of fat in the chuck roast though which gave the bbq a slimy texture. I think the sauce would go well with a shredded chicken bbq or a trimmed brisket.
Jun 22, 2009
Tried this for Father's Day and it was excellent. I did drain the juices after removing the meat, and added BBQ sauce and liquid smoke to the meat before warming and serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.