Chipotle Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper and salt; spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle bottom half with blue cheese. Layer with roast beef, onion, tomato and lettuce; replace top. Cut into four sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 727 calories, 40g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1487mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 11, 2015
I thought the bleu cheese was overpowering, but my boyfriend seemed to like it enough to give it four stars. I would have gone with 3.
Feb 28, 2015
Fantastic and so easy!
Aug 8, 2013
I used less mayo and added blue cheese dressing instead of blue cheese. I also added the Chipotle sauce to taste. Instead of the Ciabatta bread I used Fajita bread and made small roll ups for a light lunch along side a fruity tossed salad. Big hit. Will make again for sure
Jun 4, 2012
Wonderful flavor! Will make again
May 26, 2012
I try so many recipes, it's always disappointing when they don't turn out as good as it looks. This was definitely not case. These are absolutely delicious. My family loved them. They are great for lunch or dinner. I've made this several times and nobody ever tires of it.
Apr 9, 2011
My family is not a fan of spicy stuff so left off the chipotle and still delicious! Definitely making again!
Aug 6, 2010
Not a fan of blue cheese, but this sandwich is great! Definitely a keeper.
Jun 24, 2010
Yum....made with an onion roll! Might want to smash up your blue cheese chunks so they aren't overpowering!
Jun 17, 2010
Yum! I cut the spread in half to make the sandwhich lighter. Still yummy!
Apr 25, 2010
Excellent recipe! Beats a restaurant style sandwich by far!!!