Baked Southwest Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3/4 to 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt; set aside 2 tablespoons. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture; top with avocados and cheeses. Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 435 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 21, 2016
A huge favorite with our family of 8 since it was first published in 1996! I've prepared these sandwiches, doubling the recipe countless times over the years. Fast & easy & delicious. Serve with a salad or chips, & you'll make everyone happy! Don't change a thing!
Jan 1, 2013
My husband loves this meal. After we eat, he grabs chips and used the left overs as dip.
Sep 29, 2011
Absolutely delicious. Served with Home made black bean soup. Perfect combination.
Dec 15, 2010
This is the bes sandwich ever. Try it! You will like it!!!
Dec 17, 2008
Didn't make my favorite list. sc
Sep 18, 2008
These sound just perfect for my family, thank you!