Southwest Grilled Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 21, 2013
The next time I make this I will use less lime juice as it was overpowering all the other seasonings in this dish.
Jul 14, 2011
Simple to prepare. Mildly flavored.
May 15, 2011
I combined this recipe with a similar one and added pepper jack cheese, bacon strips and served it as a sandwich on toasted sourdough. It was pretty good, but I broiled the chicken in the oven instead of grilling it. The flavor was still good, but I think grilling is probably the way to go.
Jan 12, 2011
This was ok, easy and the chicken absorbed the flavor really well. Personally I didn't particularly care for the flavor, though.
May 12, 2010
Southwest grilled chicken is a simple, easy dinner to make, and one my family simply loves. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.