Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa. Arrange chicken over salsa; top with remaining corn, beans and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 1, 2017
This was very good. Instead of serving it with raw red pepper on top, I sliced it and cooked it in the crock pot. Also seasoned the chicken breasts with garlic powder. Served it over brown rice, but may add some chicken broth next time so it won't be as dry.
Aug 22, 2017
I added the peppers to the crockpot while the meal was cooking, and I really enjoyed it that way! Even my daughter who is a little picky about food enjoyed it AND ate the veggies!
Sep 17, 2016
What a great recipe! It was easy to make and we all loved it. I will make again and again.
Jun 1, 2016
This is a great recipe. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts and it was very good that way as well. It could use some salt and pepper, or add more salsa later in the cooking time. Next time I might add a can of green chilies.
Oct 10, 2015
Loved this and so simple. I put my chicken in frozen. This was perfect for today since we had baseball all day. I put it on at 11, came home at 2:45, and shredded the chicken, then left for game two. By the time we got home at 6:30, it was done. I made mine on a low carb tortilla, the hubby as a rice bowl. We are using the leftovers for nachos and salads the rest of the week!
Sep 30, 2015
This was delicious and very easy to make!
Jun 13, 2015
Delicious and simple to make...made the recipe as instructed. Next time i will probably use pepper jack cheese and cilantro..and top it off with Avocado! Yum Yum..
Mar 26, 2015
Very simple recipe with good flavor. Nice economical weeknight dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand except black beans. I used kidney beans instead, which worked fine.
Feb 3, 2015
I followed the recipe closely, but added no garnishes. It was delicious, so easy. I served it over brown rice, but it would be delicious as a burrito filling also. This one's a keeper, and I look forward to making it again and again.
Feb 24, 2014
I cut this in half and made it in the 1.5 qt slow cooker. The chicken was very moist and flavorful not to mention the meat fell right apart. I cook it for 12 hours. I had to use cream of corn and black eyed peas since I didn't have any black beans but my husband really enjoyed it. He even liked it without the cheese
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.