Seasonings and a splash of lime make this chicken something special, writes Carma Blosser from Livermore, Colorado. “It is also really tasty in salads and sandwiches and can also be prepared on an indoor grill.” Tip: Make extra pieces to freeze in individual servings and keep on hand for drop-in guests, Carma suggests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Adobo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Jul 21, 2012
This was a fantastic recipe for a quick dinner with a girlfriend of mine. Full of flavor, tender, and juicy. I've been making this recipe, or a slightly altered version of it every week since in the week.