Baked Deli Sandwich
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 pound sliced deli ham
- 6 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced deli smoked turkey breast
- 6 thin slices cheddar cheese
- Pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, roll dough into a small rectangle. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Roll out dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Brush with half of the butter mixture. Layer ham, mozzarella cheese, turkey and cheddar cheese lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold dough over and pinch firmly to seal. Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 1-in. slices. Serve immediately with pizza sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 476 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 1223mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 30, 2012
Needed more flavor.
Nov 17, 2011
Super delicious!! A family favorite we make often.
Jan 17, 2011
It is a household favorite!! Also easy to put together!
Jan 5, 2011
I've been making this ever since I've been married (2006) and it was one of the very first recipes that I tried from Taste of Home! It is by far one of the very best recipes I've ever gotten from TOH and one of the reasons this is my very favorite site for reliable recipes! Absolutely delicious, fool proof, always a crowd pleaser!!!
Jul 1, 2010
SO good! We made it without the cheddar cheese & replaced the turkey breast with pepperoni, it made it more like a pizza. A great way to use up left-over ham!!! :)
Jan 4, 2010
Had this at my brother's place over the holidays. It was a quick dinner. They added pepperonis to it as well. Definitly one for my arsonal for quick and simple dinners.