Grilled Cheese Loaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Cut bread, leaving slices attached at the bottom; spread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 172 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 24, 2011
I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!
Jun 9, 2011
Made this several times and always a major hit!
Oct 21, 2009
This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.