Grilled Cheese Loaf
I often serve buttery grilled bread with steak and a salad. It's so quick to make, and it's also easy to add to whatever else you have on the grill. —Debbi Baker, Green Springs, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add cheese, onions and garlic salt; mix well. Cut bread, leaving slices attached at the bottom; spread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28x18 in.); seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Carefully open foil; grill bread 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 172 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Cheese Loaf in Country Woman July/August 1997
Jun 24, 2011
I was excited to try this, and it lived up to my expectation. It was very easy to make, even for me!
Jun 9, 2011
Made this several times and always a major hit!
Oct 21, 2009
This is so good! Can be made ahead of time and ready for the grill when you are.