Grilled Deli Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound each thinly sliced deli ham, smoked turkey and pastrami
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in oil until tender. Layer six bread slices with ham, turkey, pastrami, bacon, vegetables and cheese; top with remaining bread. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 548 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1745mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Aug 12, 2012
This sandwich was mighty good and we savored every single bite. We used Ciabatta Bread, which worked perfectly, there was no need to pre-toast them. I did make a dressing for the bread and would highly suggest you add your favorite dressing. I mixed equal mayo and Dijon mustard and a bit of horseradish together and slapped a bit on each bun, the flavor was fantastic and really added to the sandwich. The grilling suggestion time is perfect, the meat just warmed enough to still have that fresh deli taste and cheese melted perfectly. I do have to admit that I totally forgot about the bacon and they were still fantastic. I actually found these to be pretty simple to make, only had one pan, cutting board and knife to wash
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.