Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without marinara): 445 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 2, 2015
Haven't tried yet, but will for certain and I think I'll add sliced tomato and use my indoor grill.
Oct 6, 2011
These are superb. I love pesto with cheese.
Jul 26, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.