Italian Sirloin Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Mayonnaise, optional
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the beef, pepperoncinis and onion; sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Pour beer over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls if desired. Place cheese on roll bottoms. With a slotted spoon, place meat mixture over cheese.
Jul 10, 2012
Our apologies for the omission, the recipe will be updated soon. In the meantime, the jars of pepperoncinis should be poured over the top of the beef.
Jul 9, 2012
I think that was this website's error not the author's. I have this recipe which was in one of their publications and it says layer the beef,peppers and onions in slow cooker. Hope that helps :) I used one 16 ounce jar of peppers because I could not find the 11 1/2 ounce size and I had slightly less than 2 lbs of beef. It was tasty but the beer taste definitely got stronger on the 2nd and third day of leftovers which I didn't especially care for.
Feb 16, 2012
I would like to try this recipe but I've noticed the author left out the pepperoncini peppers in the directions!!!! I assume they go in the slow cooker.....?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.