Easy Italian Beef Sandwiches
These party-sized sandwiches make the meal! Just add your favorite Italian salad on the side. If you like, top the sandwiches with some sliced provolone. —Troy Parkos, Verona, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) Italian bread, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred meat with 2 forks and return to the slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncini, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until peppers are tender.
- Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into 6 sandwiches.