Easy Italian Hamburgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 201 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 828mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 4, 2015
Per the previous reviewer, I put an egg in my mixture, and one of my two patties still fell apart, both cracked. There was not enough sauce or Italian seasoning either. I ended up heating some jarred spaghetti sauce so I'd have some for the spaghetti. I topped my patties with shredded mozzarella. The patties had great flavor, so I will make this again, but double the tomato sauce and seasonings.
Oct 29, 2010
These are a great go-to when you're in a hurry and are wonderful with ground pork, too!
Aug 25, 2010
This is a favorite of my husbands! I love how easy it is to make and it's a nice change from spaghetti with meat sauce. The hamburger patties seemed a little dry, causing them to split when they cooked, so I added an egg to the recipe and that seemed to fix the problem.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.