Grilled Cheese & Tomato Flatbreads
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 5 min.
Makes2 flatbreads (12 servings each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, chives, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper until blended.
- Unroll pizza crust and cut in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12x6-in. rectangle; brush each side with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from the grill.
- Spread grilled sides with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; top with tomatoes. Return to the grill. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 99 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2018
This is so fast and easy to put together! The only changes I made was to use dried chives instead of fresh, and Greek Yogurt cream cheese instead of regular. I cut the dough into 4 portions to make it a little more manageable. They grilled up beautifully, crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside. I loved the herbed cheese mixture, and I'll be making more of that up and stashing it in the fridge! It will be perfect with celery or crackers.
Jun 17, 2013
A bit tricky to handle on the grill, but good flavor.
May 26, 2013
This was great, but I did use basil instead of the parsley & thyme & I used chive & onion cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.
Aug 26, 2012
This was definitely a star at my table! I also had trouble with getting it on the grill without losing the shape.
Jul 24, 2011
These were delicious! I left off the chives and added green pepper slices. It's not easy to transfer the dough to the grill and mine didn't look pretty, but the taste was wonderful! I would love to know a trick to keeping them uniform in size, transferring to the grill without them stretching and falling through the grates, and making them pretty so I can make them for company.
Jul 23, 2011
This was SO good!! Def. making it again-SOON!
Jul 23, 2011
This was FANTASTIC! Super easy and delicious. I used fresh tomatoes from a farmer's market and it was so fresh and yummy!!