Brie & Caramelized Onion Flatbread
Saute the onions and garlic for this flatbread a day ahead so it's easy to put together on the day of the party. Prepared pizza dough makes it a snap. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
Makes1 flatbread (12 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Add brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to onion mixture. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Press dough into a 12x10-in. rectangle onto prepared pan. Top with onion mixture and cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.