Chili Baked Brie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut top third off loaf of bread; hollow out enough bread from bottom to make room for cheese. Cube removed bread; set aside. Using a knife, make 2-in. cuts into loaf around edge of bread at 1-in. intervals. Spread inside of bread with butter.
- Combine chili powder, sugar, garlic powder and mustard; sprinkle 2 teaspoons into loaf. Top with cheese; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Replace bread top.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 122 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2016
Not my favorite way to do Brie. I think I prefer sweeter seasonings/toppings.
Aug 13, 2011
This is an easy and delicious appetizer!!I used a round loaf of Portuguese bread, in place of the sourdough bread and it was great. I served this at a family cookout and it disappeared in minutes!