Mushroom-Stuffed Baked Brie
My husband loves sauteed mushrooms and I love brie, so I decided to experiment and see if I could create an appetizer that we both love. After so many attempts, I came up with this recipe that our friends love, too. I like to serve it with baguette slices on the side, to help scoop up the gooey cheesy goodness. —Arlene Jacobson, Grand Terrace, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, halved horizontally
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and onion; saute 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Place 1 Brie half on pastry, cut side up. Top with mushroom mixture and remaining Brie half, cut side down. Pull corners of pastry up over cheese, pinching together to seal on top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Brush top and sides of pastry with egg. Bake until puffed and browned, 30-35 minutes.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Savory Mushroom Brie En Croûte in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017