You can assemble our baked Brie appetizer in advance and bake it right before the party. —Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 round (16 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Apple slices
- 2 dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut off corners to make a circle. Spread jam into a 4-1/2-in. circle in center of pastry. Place Brie on top; fold pastry over cheese, trimming as necessary, and pinch edges to seal. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Roll remaining pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut four 1-in. strips; cut strips in half crosswise. Wrap strips around Brie, trimming as necessary. Discard scraps. Bake 10 minutes; brush again with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes more. For eyes, cut two circles from apple slices; place on top of Brie. Top each circle with a dried cranberry. Serve warm with apple slices.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without apples): 372 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Brie in Puff Pastry in Halloween Bookazine 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.