Brie and Wild Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 cups cream sherry
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini and oyster)
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place sherry in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add mushrooms and shallots; saute until tender. Add parsley and lemon juice. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and reduced sherry.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 167 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 9, 2014
I've made many versions of this delicious soup! I also used baby Bella's and crimini mushrooms! The one important factor to me is a creamy soup! I used my quick prep hand blender! Served in toasted bread bowls! Yummy
Apr 13, 2013
Just what I was looking for. I substituted onions for shallots and added 1/2 tsp tyme. I used baby bella mushrooms 24oz. Very rich and tasty, agree it is upper end restaurant quality soup. Will make again and share. A keeper! Thank you tasteofhome!
Dec 24, 2012
This soup was wonderful, not too rich but full of flavor. I used oyster, baby Bella and shiitake mushrooms. Will definitely make again. My husband agreed that it was high end restaurant quality and easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.