- 2 cups cream sherry
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, cremini and oyster)
- 8 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place sherry in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add mushrooms and shallots; saute until tender. Add parsley and lemon juice. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and reduced sherry.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil).
1/2 cup: 167 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.