Hearty Cream of Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and reserved broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese until melted and soup is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
May 2, 2018
After looking for a cream soup to make with the ingredients I had on hand, I decided to try this mushroom soup recipe. Oh my...it was absolutely delicious! Definitely a winner and something I'll make again!
Aug 28, 2016
great, thick and very creamy. I think you could get away with a bit less cream cheese...but it is a lovely soup.
Mar 12, 2016
We used 3 tablespoons of butter and 8 ounces of cream cheese, and it turned out delicious!
Apr 5, 2010
Nov 19, 2009
Really good and so easy. I used less butter, more onions and only 4 oz cream cheese because that's what I had.