Steak and Mushroom Soup
Gloria transforms the sauce and one of the remaining steaks into this spectacular soup, which she serves with a tossed salad and fresh-baked rolls. Topped with Swiss cheese and croutons, the nicely seasoned soup can't be beat.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups Mushroom Sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Herb-flavored croutons
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Top servings with croutons and cheese.
Originally published as Steak and Mushroom Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.