Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef top round steak (2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker combine the mushrooms, onion and beef. Combine the soup, sherry, oregano, thyme and remaining pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 265 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 20, 2012
It was just a little bland. I ended up adding about 1/4 -1/3 cup of sour cream and calling it beef stroganoff.
Aug 2, 2012
This turned out well. I didn't have 7 hours, so after dipping meat in flour mixture, I seared it in the skillet. Nice flavor!
Jul 9, 2012
This was really easy and we all enjoyed it (even the kids). The steak was super tender after cooking all day.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.