Mushroom Steak ‘n’ Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute red pepper and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add mushrooms; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Add spinach and rosemary; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and milk; heat through (do not boil).
- Drain linguine; top with mushroom mixture and beef.
Nutrition Facts2-1/4 cups: 635 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2011
We enjoyed this recipe tremendously! I must say we didn't have trouble with the meat being tough (as others commented) but we used beef meant to use in stir frying, which is always cooked quickly. What I especially liked about it was that it was a recipe that didn't rely on name brand ingredients (except for the cream cheese) because often the name brands are not available in The Netherlands which can make an otherwise excellent-sounding recipe impossible to make. So two thumbs up from both of us!
Sep 3, 2011
Round steak should be cooked longer. It is a tough cut.
Sep 1, 2011
There is no way the beef would be tender enough after just a few minutes of cooking, but the sauce sounds great!
Mar 22, 2009
This was okay, but the meat was kind of tough when it was all said and done.