Meatball Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Shape beef into 1-in. balls; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine soup, milk and water; bring to a boil. Add Italian seasoning, onion, garlic, barley, macaroni and rice. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown meatballs in a nonstick skillet until no longer pink. Stir carrot into soup; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meatballs to soup. Stir in mushrooms and Parmesan cheese; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 3, 2015
This delicious soup is a cold-weather favorite of mine - I love the variety in every sumptuous bite!
Feb 1, 2013
This is one of my favorites but I use EITHER rice or macaroni. Not both since the first time.
Oct 2, 2011
Since I make and freeze in individual portions, i'd leave out the rice and macaroni next time. They absorb all the liquid and make it too thick. I increased the garlic and used fresh mushrooms which I quicly sauted first and frozen pre-cooked meatballs.
Sep 22, 2011
This was good. I used ground turkey & Healthy Request cream of mushroom which has no MSG (regular does). I found the quick barley for the first time in 10 years of making this recipe at Walmart. Also I used the refrigerated minced garlic & think it gives better flavor. It was easy to eat with new braces & comforting. I didn't make meatballs-just cooked the ground meat and I loved it. I didn't have Parmesan cheese & it was still pretty good. Using lower sodium soup, I just add a little sprinkle of salt at the end & it would be a satisfying meal with a savory bread and wine.
Jul 12, 2011
This is a very delicious, very rich soup! Yum.
Jun 4, 2011
my daughter and I love this recipe! It is a "staple" in our kitchen...however she is a vegetarian so I just leave the meatballs out of hers and we also don't put the carrots in it only b/c that isn't something we keep on a regular basis. Awesome soup! She brags on it all the time!
Nov 7, 2010
This soup is delicious. Great texture and flavor. I would recommend it to those who love a good hearty soup.