Vegetable Meatball Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups frozen Italian vegetable blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup small pasta shells
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the meatballs, broth, vegetable blend, tomatoes, water and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Garnish servings with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 241 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2018
I LOVE this recipe. I love meatballs and I love soup. I did make my own meatballs instead of using frozen. Next time I will use fresh veggies.
Oct 27, 2015
This is my new favorite soup. It's very easy and so tasty. I've made it twice in the past couple of weeks. The first time I made it with Italian vegetables like the recipe calls for. My daughter stopped by after work and took some home for she & husband. She told me it was so good, she didn't even pick out the veggies she didn't like. The second time I used a bag of corn, green bean, carrot mixture. I liked it better.
Jun 12, 2013
Very simple and very tasty. I will definitely be making it again.
Jun 12, 2013
Couldn't be simpler. There's no chopping, slicing or cutting vegetables. And there's no browning meat first. The only thing I did differently was added some salt, dried basil and "Perfect Pinch" garlic & bell pepper seasonings. I also added a little more pasta. It was so simple, I would feel guilty to say I made it if it weren't how
Oct 10, 2012
Delicious! I did add more vegetables than required as my husband enjoys a hearty soup. Also, next time I'd add 2/3 c. small pasta shells rather than 1/3. It was hard to find pasta (maybe because I added more vegies). All-in-all, a wonderfully tasty dish! Will definitely make it again!