Cheesy Meatball Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) process cheese sauce
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the water, celery, corn, potatoes, carrot, onion, bouillon and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in the cheese sauce; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 421 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1959mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2014
I've been making this soup since the 1980's and the family just love it. I don't brown the meatballs...I just add them to the simmering soup and let them cook that way. It adds more flavor to the soup and it's one less dirty pan to deal with. Be sure to get Cheez Whiz. No other processed cheese will taste right.
Dec 26, 2010
I've made this quite a few times and loved it! I was hesitant at first with the cheese, but it's yummy!