Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and chopped green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, potatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with corn chips, cheese and green onions if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2017
I made this for lunch today since I had some leftover taco meat, and it was very tasty! I used the cubed hash browns because that is what I had and I also took one of the reviewers suggestion and added some salsa for added flavor. It was a great way to use my leftover taco meat. I will make this again.
Nov 28, 2011
Eh, kinda tasted like Hamburger Helper soup....
Sep 28, 2011
Apr 6, 2011
I made this the other night, hubby & I really enjoyed it. I served it will Frito Corn Chip Scoops. I will try using spicy sausage as Mandeegirl suggested next time.
Jun 19, 2010
Made this last night for me and hubby. Next time we will tweask it to our tastes by: using browned cubed hasbrowns for better texture. We did add in Frito's, Taco Bell jarred taco sauce, and sour cream. This is definitely a keeper as it doesn't take very long to make.
Oct 31, 2009
made this for the family but didn't have chopped chilies, so I subbed in salsa and it was incredible! Will definitely make this again!
Mar 9, 2009
I made this last night for my husband and young daughter. We loved it. I made it according to the receipe above. We discussed the flavors and decided that we would like it better if we used Spicy breakfast sausage instead of ground beef for a more savory flavor. Maybe adding a few dashes of hot sauce for some kick too. We also discussed perhaps adding some yellow sweet corn. I think I will make it again with these changes to see how it turns out. All in all, all three loved it.