Beef and Sausage Soup
Everyone enjoys this soup, which is hardy and tasty. Each time I serve it, people seem to want the recipe. When that happens, I know it's appreciated!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage, shaped into balls
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown beef in oil on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Brown sausage on all sides; drain.
- Return beef to the pan. Add the tomatoes, water, onion and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add the potatoes and celery. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 256 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Sausage Soup in Country Extra September 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.