Steak & Mushroom Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 2x1/2-in. strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with oil, salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute half of the beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth, dill and beef; heat through. Reduce heat to medium; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 455 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
May 24, 2018
I made this recipe twice already... I used all the ingredients but adjusted it to my taste...it's very good...best style stroganoff I ever cooked...I will cook this again...very good for parties too..just double the recipe and adjust to your taste . It's easy to make..Love it!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.