Steak & Mushroom Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 12 ounces)
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 2x1/2-in. strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with oil, salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute half of the beef until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining beef.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth, dill and beef; heat through. Reduce heat to medium; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 455 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Aug 24, 2019
Very good stroganoff recipe. Omitted the dill, family preference.
Dec 27, 2018
My Auntie Gerry made the best Beef Stroganoff I've ever had. Sadly, she is no longer with us and I've lost her recipe. Yours looks very similar to what I remember although she did add wine to hers. For me dill is a key ingredient (because that's the way she fixed it) but most recipes you see don't include it. I'm thrilled to have found yours! Thank you for sharing it.
May 24, 2018
I made this recipe twice already... I used all the ingredients but adjusted it to my taste...it's very good...best style stroganoff I ever cooked...I will cook this again...very good for parties too..just double the recipe and adjust to your taste . It's easy to make..Love it!!!