Beef & Spinach Lo Mein
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Remove 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; add beef and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with an additional 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef mixture.
- Stir-fry water chestnuts and green onions in remaining canola oil 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and remaining hoisin mixture; cook until spinach is wilted. Return beef to pan; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chili pepper.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 363 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 12, 2019
This was so good! My husband and I loved this. Def will be making this again.
Nov 28, 2019
Next time I'll add Lo Mein Noodles
Jun 17, 2019
We loved this recipe! Followed the recipe and it is amazing.
Jun 13, 2019
what is meant when it says Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 7, 2019
My family loves this recipe a lot. I usually make a double batch because we all fight over the leftovers. I don’t add the crushed red pepper because of stomach issues but it tastes delicious without it. This is definitely a regular in the dinner rotation.
Feb 12, 2019
This was great. It was much more calmer than I expected, and that what made me love it.
Dec 27, 2017
Delishious and will be making this again.
Dec 15, 2017
Do you throw out the marinade?
Oct 22, 2017
About to make this & wondered if "toolbarsco", 4-28-14 , who googled "Hoisin sauce" & has a great recipe, which she made herself, would be willing to share it with all of us, in a form of a review on this recipe? Hope so, will wait & see & hope she will! Thanks loads!
Jan 29, 2017
This meal was great and out of this world. I will be using this recipe again and on a regular basis. Thank you so much A