Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad
My husband loves this, especially during summertime. He says he feels like he's eating a healthy salad and getting his steak, too! I always serve it with some homemade bread." More Mushroom Salad Recipes »
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; spread with mustard mixture. Grill 4 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar and the remaining oil and mustard.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; add to mushroom mixture.
- Serve over romaine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 299 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Mushroom Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.