Mushroom Steak Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup each sliced fresh baby portobello, shiitake and button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from the skillet; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and thyme. Whisk in walnut oil and remaining olive oil. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide salad greens and shallot between two serving bowls. Cut steak into slices. Top salads with steak and mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 602 calories, 48g fat (9g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2016
This is an easy recipe for a quick dinner. I grilled the steak, which added more flavor. I also added a clove of minced garlic while I was saut?ing the mushrooms and used herbed goat cheese. Tasted great!