Mushroom Steak Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup each sliced fresh baby portobello, shiitake and button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 3 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the skillet; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and thyme. Whisk in walnut oil and remaining olive oil. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide salad greens and shallot between two serving bowls. Cut steak into slices. Top salads with steak and mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 602 calories, 48g fat (9g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 27, 2016
This is an easy recipe for a quick dinner. I grilled the steak, which added more flavor. I also added a clove of minced garlic while I was saut?ing the mushrooms and used herbed goat cheese. Tasted great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.