Savory Marinated Mushroom Salad
Packed with mushrooms and loads of crunchy colorful ingredients, this salad is perfect at picnics and parties. It keeps so well in the refrigerator you can easily make it ahead of time. -Sandra Johnson, Tioga, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 pounds small fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large saucepan, bring water and lemon juice to a boil. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain; cool.
- Place mushrooms in a large bowl with carrots, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 142 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Marinating Mushroom Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.