Cranberry Mandarin Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 178 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Nov 28, 2012
I really like this salad. Trouble is my husband will not eat a salad with fruit in it so it is not very cost effected for me. The walnut oil is expensive and I don't know what else to use it for. But the salad is good and the dressing gets better as it sits
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.