Mandarin-Walnut Lettuce Salad
THE sweetened walnuts add a nice crunch to this salad and a taste compatible with oranges. The dressing is sweet, tangy and light…just right for the simple ingredients of the salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups torn Boston lettuce
- 2/3 cup mandarin oranges
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread onto a piece of greased foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and salt. In a salad bowl, combine lettuce and oranges. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts; toss to coat.
Originally published as Salad with Oranges and Walnuts in Reminisce December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.