Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad
A delicious mix of sweet, salty and tangy makes this effortless salad outstanding. It looks beautiful with the colorful lettuce, peppers, mandarin oranges and almonds glistening with dressing. —Heather Villasenor, Amarillo, TX
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, cheese and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Stir in onion. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad in Country Woman June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.