Ham & Mandarin Salad
I created this salad at the request of all the men in our house. They asked for something tangy, sweet, spicy and manly. This fit the bill. —Patricia Swart, Galloway, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices deli ham (about 6 ounces), cut into strips
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 cups torn romaine
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Stir in ham, mandarin oranges, celery, walnuts and green onions. Serve on romaine, tossing before serving if desired.