Ham and Shrimp Macaroni Salad
"This refreshing summer salad, chock-full of ham and shrimp, is almost a complete meal in itself," says Andrea Bolden from Unionville, Tennessee. "Served with freshly baked bread and a fruit dessert, it's a great lunch."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or chicken
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a bowl, combine the ham, macaroni, shrimp, celery, onion, peppers and cheese. In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 188 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Hearty Macaroni Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.