Seafood Macaroni Salad
This refreshing salad is always well received, especially in summer. My mother said the recipe just "evolved", because she kept adding ingredients until it tasted right. It really does have great flavor!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender; drain and cool. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, shrimp, crabmeat, celery, onion and eggs; set aside. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, vinegar and paprika. Add to macaroni mixture; toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 22, 2014
I always make TOH recipies exactly as written the first time and then note any changes I might make to suit our famiy. I had to make one change in the recipie as I don't like sweet pickles. It was still great with chopped dills.