Ham and Creamy Potato Scallops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 pound diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain and cool potatoes. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Spread in greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 483 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 20, 2016
The whole family loved it!!
Jan 2, 2014
My family loved it. I used shredded cheddar cheese instead of the processed (velveeta?) cheese. My picky 12 year old girl had seconds! It's a keeper and they said, "Yes! Make this again mom!"
Jul 8, 2013
Needs more seasonings.
Jul 8, 2013
I was out of milk and wanted something like this. I may make it again but would add more seasonings to give it more taste.
May 3, 2013
Looking fwd. to making this....soon! Thank You for sharing.
Mar 14, 2013
I love one dish meals for my family..this one looks good so I'll try it for our upcoming PotLuck pre-wedding supper...
Jan 28, 2013
I have no desire to make this dish. Mayo, disgusting (and I like mayo...to the point of making my own). I would assume that processed cheese sauce may be Velveeta, cheese whiz, or condensed cheddar soup. This seems more like a recipe for people who don't know how to cook and don't have a desire to develop skill. I'm sure many people like it, but it just isn't for me.
Jan 10, 2013
Not made this yet...what is processed cheese sauce?
May 26, 2012
Wow this turned out SO good, I have made it several times now and everyone LOVES it.
Dec 30, 2010
Wow this turned out SO good! I thought it was going to be bland when I made it but after it cooked it was seasoned perfectly, very tasty, I wouldn't change anything. I didn't pre cook the potatoes just cooked it a little longer in the oven, I will make this often.