Ham Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 2 medium nectarines, chopped
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the salad mix, nectarines, ham, cilantro, croutons and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups with 2 tablespoons dressing: 326 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1108mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 20, 2013
I really enjoy this caesar salad and have made it many times over the years since I found the recipe in a TOF magazine! A good summer time salad!
Sep 16, 2009
Great flavor combination! Perfect for a hot summer evening. I was short on time so I used my favorite bottled Caesar dressing and I may never be able to make a "plain" caesar again. The cilantro really livened this up and it's so nice to have an entree salad with plenty of protein that's not at all heavy. This is on the regular rotation now... (or for as long as we can get ripe nectarines) = )