Ham with Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans
- 4 medium carrots, halved widthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- Place cooking rack in pressure cooker. Add the potatoes, beans, carrots, broth, onion and salt. Place ham over vegetables. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 291 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 3, 2014
I thought this was great. I browned chopped onion in the bottom of my pan first and had to leave out the salt because of family diets but it was quick and easy and a one pan meal!
Jan 13, 2014
I love to make this because it's as good as it is quick and easy. A family favorite!
Aug 1, 2013
Great, quick meal! This'll be a definite keeper, especially in the summer with garden-fresh green beans. So simple to throw into the pressure cooker. Thanks!
Mar 14, 2010
Very easy and FANTASTIC!! My hubby loved it which makes it even better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.