Ham with Vegetables
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans
- 4 medium carrots, halved widthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- Place cooking rack in pressure cooker. Add the potatoes, beans, carrots, broth, onion and salt. Place ham over vegetables. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 291 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 14g protein.
Aug 3, 2014
I thought this was great. I browned chopped onion in the bottom of my pan first and had to leave out the salt because of family diets but it was quick and easy and a one pan meal!
Jan 13, 2014
I love to make this because it's as good as it is quick and easy. A family favorite!
Aug 1, 2013
Great, quick meal! This'll be a definite keeper, especially in the summer with garden-fresh green beans. So simple to throw into the pressure cooker. Thanks!
Mar 14, 2010
Very easy and FANTASTIC!! My hubby loved it which makes it even better.