Pressure Cooker Rigatoni with Sausage & Peas
With a tomato-y meat sauce and tangy goat cheese, this weeknight wonder is my version of comfort food. You want to have bowl after bowl. —Lizzie Munro, Brooklyn, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomato paste; cook and stir until meat is coated, 1-2 minutes. Stir in next five ingredients; pour in water. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low and set time for 6 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in cream; heat through. Top with cheese and, if desired, fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 563 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Rigatoni alla buttera (Rigatoni with sausage and peas) in Slow Cooker 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.