Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
Editor's NoteLook for bruschetta topping in the pasta aisle or your grocer’s deli case.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 15, 2011
To cut the cost a little, I used a flank steak in place of the beef tenderloin and it was delicious!! I told my hubby this is a recipe for when we have guests! My 6yro even loved it!
Oct 18, 2009
So good and very easy.
Aug 4, 2009
This is a wonderful salad. I did not use the salad dressing; didn't need it. Made my own bruschetta topping with 1 T. olive oil and 1 t. balsamic vinegar and that was enough for the dressing. Thanks for the wonderful salad idea