Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup prepared bruschetta topping or vegetable salad of your choice
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
Editor's NoteLook for bruschetta topping in the pasta aisle or your grocer’s deli case.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 15, 2011
To cut the cost a little, I used a flank steak in place of the beef tenderloin and it was delicious!! I told my hubby this is a recipe for when we have guests! My 6yro even loved it!
Oct 18, 2009
So good and very easy.
Aug 4, 2009
This is a wonderful salad. I did not use the salad dressing; didn't need it. Made my own bruschetta topping with 1 T. olive oil and 1 t. balsamic vinegar and that was enough for the dressing. Thanks for the wonderful salad idea