Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad for 2
Fire up the grill for this tasty salad. The meat will be done in a snap, leaving you more time to enjoy the summer evening. —Devon Delaney, Princeton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, until toasted, 1-2 minutes on each side; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.
Editor's NoteLook for bruschetta topping in the pasta aisle or your grocer’s deli case.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 460 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1183mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2009