Grilled Steak Bruschetta Salad for 2
Fire up the grill for this tasty salad. The meat will be done in a snap, leaving you more time to enjoy the summer evening. —Devon Delaney, Princeton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup fresh arugula or fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup bruschetta topping
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill bread, covered, until toasted, 1-2 minutes on each side; place on salad plates.
- Thinly slice steak; arrange over toast. Top with arugula and bruschetta topping; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Drizzle with dressing.