Brie Appetizers with Bacon-Plum Jam
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup pitted dried plums, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 slices Brie cheese (1/4 inch thick)
- 30 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick), toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add onion and shallot to drippings; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in coffee, water, vinegar, plums, brown sugar, maple syrup, chili sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in bacon. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor; pulse until jam reaches desired consistency. Place cheese slices on toasted baguette slices. Top each with 2 teaspoons jam.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 23, 2018
I love the idea of this, but we cannot stand the taste of coffee.Any non-alcoholic) substitute suggestions for the coffee?Thanks in advance."If you're not cooking with joy, happiness and love, you're not cooking well." - Danny Kaye
Sep 3, 2015
Sweet and Salty and slightly Dense * Perfect combo for a lovely little condiment * This one does have a Holiday ring to it. And Brie is the perfect cheese on which to top this snappy little relish onto. I didn't have any dried plums so I used Dark Raisins.We found this one to be most enjoyable and easy to make. I also found the taste to be more refined the next day . Recipe can easily be halved.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer FE.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.