Ham & Brie Strata
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups (about 8 ounces) cubed day-old French bread
- 2 cups cubed deli ham
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms are golden brown and onion is tender, 5-7 minutes. Add spinach and garlic; cook until spinach is wilted, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add bread, ham and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked strata, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 243 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 29, 2017
Love this recipe, especially with the mushrooms in it - not a huge fan of ham so used sausage and it worked out great - this will be in our regular rotation - serving it this weekend of the 4th of July to a group of friends visiting. Thanks for sharing.
Jun 16, 2017
I had the chance to make this strata yesterday and it was lip-smacking delicious! I couldn't find French bread, so I used 2 French baguettes. I also bought sliced deli ham which I shredded, rather than cubed! This recipe was an impressive dish to both present AND taste! Volunteer Field Editor