Bacon-Wrapped Apricot Bites
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce)
- 8 maple-flavored bacon strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cut bacon strips widthwise into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each apricot; secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° until bacon is crisp, 18-22 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and mustard. Serve with warm apricot bites.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 24, 2017
I thought these were easy to make and tasted delicious. My guests were hesitant to try though. They thought it was a weird combo and unhealthy. :( I ended up eating most of them myself (not a complaint). I'm going to try them again but for a Christmas brunch munchie and see if anyone has changed their tune on them.
Aug 10, 2016
These were amazing...amazingly easy and amazingly tasty! Even my kids liked them...and that says a lot! ;)
Nov 20, 2012
This was an excellent fin dish. I did howeverget people asking for more.
Jul 25, 2012
AWESOME-Fast, Easy, Delicious and looks like you did a lot more work than you did! Everyone (especially the guys) LOVE this one!
Jan 6, 2012
I made this as a last minute quick appitizers for new years eve I used thick peppered bacon. So it was a little spicy. But oh my did they get eaten fast. Everyone loved them why a simple great recipe. Add this to you take to a party list. I didn't care. For the sauce but others like it fine but bacon and apricots YUMMY!!!!!