Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup or Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly, or bacon may tear during grilling).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed hot dog: 360 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Feb 7, 2016
Great recipe and hints! My son loved these. Perfect!!
Aug 20, 2015
as much as I love hot dogs... I've never heard of bacon wrapped hot dogs, i know im pathetic lol. but this looks super delicious. the only problem is if I'm good enough to make this considering the fact the only time I experimented on hot dogs is the hot dog making game http://papasgames.us/papas-hot-doggeria/ Hot Doggeria lol. thanks for the recipe though :P)
Aug 16, 2015
We used Jalapeno Cheddar dogs. Very good!
Jun 22, 2015
I love hot dogs and I love bacon, so when I saw this recipe I thought combining them was a great idea. I used a plain beef hot dog, and the only optional condiment I used was horseradish mustard. Sounds crazy, but it was good! Thanks Texas!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.