Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with garlic and salt. Top with chilies. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in.
- Wrap three bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 619 calories, 56g fat (24g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1472mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2016
This was just discussing! What a waist of my time, effort and ingredients. Couldn't eat, even my 11 year old could not eat. The cream cheese on the middle makes you want to… well you get the picture.
Jan 10, 2016
Wonderful and easy! Great for company, too.
Mar 12, 2014
Excellent, all the family love it. I omit the chilies.
Jan 9, 2012
This is delicious! I plan to make this next time we have guests over for dinner. I doubled this to feed my family of four and used turkey bacon to cut some of the fat.